Here's a quick overview for anyone looking to MAXIMISE their lean-gains whilst fasting:
1. Aim for 8-10 hours of sleep.
2. You may benefit from 1-2 days of a higher-carbohydrate intake (an extra serving or two) every 7-10 days, or after an extremely tough training session.
3. 50% of your workouts should be during or at the end of your fasted window.
4. Maximise the other 50% of your workouts by eating a little protein and fibrous carbs meal 90-minutes before your workout.
5. Don’t neglect cardio, but keep it short and sharp.
6. Break your fast with protein, a little healthy fat, vegetables, and a small amount of carbohydrates (low-GI options like oats and other whole grains, berries, but hold-off on the honey!).
If you'd like to learn more about fasting, which type of fasting method is best for you and how to fast correctly, check out The Fasting Playbook for more.