Here's a quick overview for those of you looking to maximise your performance whilst fasting:
1. Depends on your level of performance, but 8-10 hours fasting is suggested.
2. Again, maximise your sleep with at least 8 hours.
3. 50% of your workouts should be during or at the end of your fasted window.
4. If you’re chasing endurance goals, then fasted training can help you become fat-adapted, meaning you're better able to use stored fat for fuel.
5. Break your fast with protein, a little healthy fat, vegetables, and a small amount of carbohydrates (low-GI options like oats and other whole grains, berries, but hold-off on the honey!).
6. Eat a larger portion of starchy carbohydrates and vegetables the evening before a longer/ harder workout. Whether it’s a fasted or non-fasted workout.
If you'd like to learn more about fasting, which type of fasting method is best for you and how to fast correctly, check out The Fasting Playbook for more.